If you have missing teeth, you may find yourself feeling like you’re missing out on life, but don’t worry! Arizona Biltmore Dentistry is happy to help you achieve the smile of your dreams. We offer start-to-finish dental implant services that can give you a beautiful, fully functioning smile. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions we get about dental implants.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are used to replace missing teeth. They are strong and secure so you can once again have complete confidence in your smile. A dental implant consists of 3 parts:
- The implant itself — a small titanium post that is surgically placed in your jawbone that acts as a natural tooth’s root and provides us with a solid foundation for placing the restoration
- The abutment — a connector piece that allows us to place a restoration on top of the implant
- The restoration* — a crown, bridge, or denture that we design to fit on top of your implant
*The kind of restoration we use depends on your unique dental health needs:
- Crown — often used for a single-tooth implant
- Bridge — used when a few teeth are missing in a row
- Dentures — used when most, if not all, of the teeth are missing on the upper or lower arch
What Is the Implant Process?
We use state-of-the-art technology, such as 3D cone beam scanning, that allows us to perform computer-guided implant surgery. We can virtually plan your procedure to increase safety and deliver more effective results. The implant process occurs over multiple appointments:
- First, we’ll take images to check your jawbone’s health and confirm proper positioning of the implant.
- Next, the implant is placed and then given time to properly fuse with the jawbone.
- When everything has healed and your implant is fused in place, you’ll come in for another appointment to place the abutment and restoration.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
- Look, feel, and function similar to natural teeth
- Prevent surrounding teeth from shifting into the empty space to help your face maintain proper shape
- Can last a lifetime with proper care
- Will help you get back to feeling confident living life behind your smile!
Call us to schedule a consultation if you are missing teeth and want to enjoy the benefits of dental implants. We strive to ensure you get the high-quality care you deserve and achieve your dream smile.